Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jun 23, 2009

Tuesday...

Julie and I are playing tag to give Molly maximum "sitting with" coverage and comfort here at the hospital. Julie relieved me at 5 am and I got back here at 5pm. We'll determine the method we need to use as we go.

Molly has had a rough couple of days. She just had the blas Sun & Mon and then Mon night while I was here her temp spiked to 103+. (Currently almost normal!) Had to be packed in ice again.

There are several goals to be met before Molly can be released to rehab.

One of the goals for her medical stability is to keep her temp normal. Every couple of days her temp has gone through the roof. They are still looking for the reason. Another goal is to get her breathing without the aide of the respirator; she had to use it most of the night and into today. Yet another objective is for all of Molly's organs to function properly; she had not had a bm for a number of days and the Dr said this morning that it was essential that a movement take place.
Praise God it happened this afternoon after much prayer was offered.
Now friends.... I did not think that I would be praying for such an act, but the insistence of the Dr that it had to take place for the medical well being of Molly;and Julie and I prayed in unison, bound it on earth and heaven...I asked many of you to pray and you did.... I now see God's humor. I also see that He is in charge and was reminding us that He will answer prayer when we ask... even prayers that we would not normally ask for!

Molly wants to thank all for the prayers and outpouring of goodwill everyone has shown for her and our family

No comments:

Post a Comment